EXTENSIVE DICTIONARY DATABASE
Integrated Terminology is available in over 35 languages. Fluency integrates into one interface,
some of the largest multilingual terminology databases in the world. These extensive dictionaries provide a
quick reference that is dynamically updated as the translation proceeds.
CUSTOMIZABLE RESOURCE TABS
Fluency’s easy-access resource tabs
make having a dozen open windows a thing of the past. Translators can easily navigate through
extensive dictionary databases, online dictionaries, web searches, translation memories and more,
all within a single interface. Users are free to organize the resource tabs to suit their workflow.
In addition, four "My URL" tabs allow users to specify their own custom online references.
Fluency displays both the source text and the
completed portion of the translation in text-editor-like panes so the translator can see the context of the
segments. Fluency's WYSIWYG interface is a big step up from the grid-view of other translation products.
The translator still translates one sentence at a time, allowing the translator to focus on the meaning of
individual words and phrases. Clicking on a specific word also automatically populates the resources tabs
with definitions, translation memories, web searches, and more.
Terminology tools in Fluency are truly
revolutionary. Fluency allows the translator to import their personal terminology alongside the built-in
terminology, add new terminology while translating, and enforce terminology rules. During translation, each
segment is automatically analyzed for potential terms, which, in turn,
makes resource research quick and easy.
CUSTOMIZABLE TOOLS AND RESOURCES
- Provides full translation memory management
- Provides full personal terminology management
- Synchronized, easy-to-use tools: all you need, all in one place
- Integrated terminology: both bilingual and monolingual dictionaries
- Auto Research Resources: Highlight a word and get unprecedented, instantaneous access to dictionaries, translation memories, web search engines, and machine translation sites; one click then lets you apply just the right word(s) to your translation
- Focus on translating: your document’s format is automatically preserved
- Alignment Tool: create translation memories from past translation projects
- Use Transcription and OCR tools to convert image-only scans to text for Fluency
SUPPORTS All MAJOR SOURCE AND TARGET FORMATS
Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Visio®, Publisher®* (2000, 2003, 2007*, 2010*)
Bilingual Word (Trados unclean) files
Adobe InDesign® IDML and INX (CS - CS6)
Adobe Framemaker® (.mif)
SDL Trados Bilingual TTX (.ttx)
SDL Trados Project files (.sdlppx)
SDL Trados WorldServer package files (.wsxz)
String files (.string)
Portable Object files (.po)
SUPORTS ALL MAJOR MACHINE TRANSLATION ENGINES
Microsoft Translator Hub (Gold Partner)
Translated.net / MyMemory
SUPPORTS MAJOR TRANSLATION MEMORY FORMATS
Wordfast txt export